– Today on You Can Do This, liquid nitrogen day. (intense music) I love liquid nitrogen. I like using it a lot. You just gotta get a dewar that can hold it properly. Is this a vacuum dewar of liquid nitrogen? Wear eyewear. Wear gloves. Which I’m going to do even though I don’t like … This is How You Cook With Liquid Nitrogen — You Can Do This!
– [Narrator] Modernist fine dining was built on the idea that cuisine is a creative art. Like all artistic disciplines, rules and expectations have been severed by the leaders of the field. – When I manipulate food, I do it because I’m understanding what it’s capable of and I’m not necessarily doing a lot to … How Fine-Dining Has Been Making Food Iconic Way Before Instagram — The Business of Going Viral
(playful music) – [Jim] I’ve been making copper cookware for 15 years. It’s a passion for the process of creation and the tools of creation, choosing a high-performance tool that have soul and have meaning behind it, it changes kinda how you think about cooking. Copper has a great heat conductivity, the heat from that … How a Former Rocket Scientist Makes the Best Copper Pots in America — Handmade
– [Natasha] What’s funny is people will say if Coolhaus were a person, what would you picture? And for some reason I always picture a gay man. (laughs) Even though we’re two female lesbian founders. – We googled “hipster ice cream truck” and nothing came up. – Nothing came up. I also think we just … How One of America’s Coolest Ice Cream Brands Was Built — Queer Table
Ladies and gentlemen, today we’re making pasta, but these noodles are made out of Nutella. For too long spaghetti has been for dinner, now it’s for dessert. (instrumental music) No flour, just sugar, water, Nutella, and a little something called agar-agar. Before you say, “Oh no it’s a powder, it’s a chemical.” This is … Turn Nutella Into A Chocolatey Pasta Dessert — You Can Do This!
I want to make something sexy. Can I say that? Can I say that? So if it’s not good let me know. – Today we’re at two Michelin star Jungsik and we’re going to hang out with chef Eunji and she’s gonna show us the whole process of her famous dessert the black truffle cone. … How Jungsik’s Executive Pastry Chef Makes a Black Truffle Dessert — Sugar Coated
Today, we have a couple of things. We have a couple big lunches. We have 2,000 people in three different locations. And we have to set up for tomorrow, we have a big group as well. We have close to 5,000 people here. Just for banquets we’re probably gonna send 10,000 pastries today. And banquet … Master Chef Florent Cheveau Runs the Busiest Pastry Shop in Las Vegas — Chefs of the Strip
– You know when you just feel almost childish and you just want to run your finger in? I really wanted to do it just now, but I didn’t cause it’ll ruin the whole thing. I don’t want to contaminate it. But I want to contaminate it. (techno music) We’re at Stick With Me Sweets … How One of New York’s Master Chocolatiers Turns Cakes into Bite-Sized Candies — Sugar Coated
– I mean, I’ve just destroyed a– [loud slam] – Sorry. – Jesus! – There you go. – I’m at Le Bernardin, legendary New York City restaurant. One of the best in the world. I would’ve left my job of 11 years only to work here. Luckily, I get to still come here and hang … How Le Bernardin’s Executive Pastry Chef Turned a Coconut into an Edible Work of Art – Sugar Coated
I am Jacques Torres from Jacques Torres Chocolates. And I want to show you how to temper chocolates. When you get the piece of chocolate and you try to break it, you hear a snap. That chocolate is what we call temper. Let’s say that you want to dip strawberry in chocolates. If you use … How to Temper Chocolate With Master Jacques Torres